Tuesday, October 31, 2017

11 Cheshvan 5778

Dear Heavenly Father,

Praised are you my Lord and may your holy name be praised in the heavens above and on the earth below for ever and ever.

Thank you for bringing me to this day, for waking me and breathing life into my soul.  Thank you for blessing me with one more day to spend with those I love and one more chance to be your light in this world.  Father, please grant me the strength and the wisdom to walk in your word and to show your love.  Please fill my heart with mercy so that I may be forgiving with others just as you have been forgiving with me.  Father, I pray that you continue to protect me, my family, and my home from all evil in this world and keep our home filled with peace and righteousness so that your spirit may always be with us.  Father, I ask that you never remove your face from before me, and that you guide my steps along the path you have set, never turning to the right or the left.  Your Torah is truth, and your Son is the way, please help me follow you more closely today than I did yesterday.

Your love is the light that shines the way of our path.  Without you, we walk in darkness and sin.  Father, I pray for all of humanity who, today, are walking in darkness.  The loneliness they have in their hearts is like an empty cavern with no room for your light.  You have hardened their hearts and you are the one who can place a crack in that hardness, for one crack loosens the darkness and then your light begins to shine.  Father, please crack the veil over the hearts of your children and let your light drown out the darkness in which they live.  Let your glory shine over them and let them see the majesty and grace of your creation.  Call your people to my Lord and lead them to your Kingdom.  Set them free from the life of sin they live in now, and bring hope and peace into all lives here on earth.

Blessed are you O Lord our God who gives hopes to the many, but the wicked he lays low.

Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment